Wednesday 14 April 2010

A dad in his armchair and a lovely chat!




A cake from last week - My brief was a Dad sat in a cream chair reading the Daily Telegraph. From speaking to one of his daughters it turned out that he was way more interesting than just that!

Also included was a cup of tea (what self respecting person from the north is ever without one!), a teacher's old fashioned hat, wooden walking stick, a roast dinner (complete with mini peas and mini julienne carrots), a book and a bottle of cabernet sauvignon! What a guy!

Most of the people I deal with are just lovely but every now and again I will really click with a customer and we will have loads to chat about. This man's daughter was one of them - We chatted about daughters (we both have 2) and French music (She is married to a French man and I have French music on my website) and so much more. A hidden side to my job that I just didn't anticipate enjoying so much when I started this business -Long may I enjoy these random chats!

5 comments:

Cara said...

Ah, this is brilliant. I love all the details, particularly the rug being scrunched up underfoot!

Casa Costello said...

Thank you honey! I love doing sofa cakes and try to make each one different - good job - I do Loads! Hope you are ok! x

Jenniffer said...

Just found your blog and I love it! You make excellent molded figures! Keep up the great work!

-Jenniffer
http://cupadeecakes.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

噴泉的高度,不會超過它的源頭。一個人的事業也是如此,它的成就絕不會超過自己的信念。

Unknown said...

Very pretty - I love the details!