Tuesday 21 April 2009

TWD Chocolate Bread and Butter Pudding



I bet this is the worst picture you will see this week of a bread and butter pudding! To be really honest, once I had made it I wasn't really in the mood to be faffing about with the camera taking pics of a pudding! We don't get that many hot sunny days here in the UK and Sunday was glorious - I wasn't about to miss out on being in the garden with my hubby and my girls!

Having said all that - I am glad I made it - I am not a fan of bread or custard so was heavily tempted not to bother but on I ploughed - I was pleasantly surprised it tasted fine. i didn't get chunks of brioche without custard but that was ok - It tasted even better with loads of raspberry ripple ice-cream! After reading the blurb on the Tuesdayswithdorie site, I reduced the amount of custard by 1/4 and it worked out great.

This weeks recipe was chosen by Lauren of Upper East Side Chronicle

Until next week...which is something else chocolatey! Byeee!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks great! Glad you enjoyed it even though you didn't expect to :)

Anonymous said...

That looks delicious!