Wednesday 19 March 2008

Viva Las Vegas!



I wasn't sure about this cake until I had finished it...This was an order for a 21st Las Vegas enthusiast. The recipient had never been to Las Vegas before but was having a Vegas themed party. The cake matched his invitations and the buildings on the side were supposed to match the skyline of Vegas. When I went to drop off and set up the cake the room was decorated in blues with loads of pics - including a massive poster of the birthday boy when he was about 2 with nothing but his shoes on!

The playing cards were painted which I should definately do more of...there is nothing more therapeutic!

5 comments:

Gigi said...

Oh what a collection of stunning cakes you have here. I look forward to your next cake creation!

Casa Costello said...

Thank You Gigi - I'm still new to this blogging lark so it is taking me a while to get to grips with all the special effects - hopefully the pics of the cakes will do for now! Hx

Thistlemoon said...

That is something else! Your cakes are really works of art!

Welcome to The Foodie Blogroll! :)

ley said...

Haha, that's so cute! I love the skyline around the cake, too! :D

Casa Costello said...

Jenndz - Thank you - Still working my way round everyone on the Blogroll - there are some serious cooks amongst us!

ley...Thanks! That skyline is probably the closest I'll get to Vegas for the next few years!