Monday 3 March 2008

Week One: Polly Put The Kettle On!


I am championning a lovely book called 'Polly Put The Kettle On' by Polly Whitehead. This is fabulous mix of baking recipes all with a little story or background to where the author came across them. The author, Polly Whitehead lives near to a friend of mine in Huddersfield and has a lovely writing style which makes you want to start baking immediately! Each week I will try to make a different recipe from this book and will review-hopefully on a Tuesday. This week's recipe will be ginger sponge...Review to follow tomorrow...
I am a big fan of another blog called Tuesdays with Dorie where the members cook a recipe each week from Baking: From My house to yours by Dorie Greenspan - I intend on joining this group as soon as I can get hold of Dorie's book which also looks fantastic...how easily pleased I am!

1 comment:

Megan said...

You'll love the Tuesday with Dorie group. I have a few friends in it. in fact, one friend wants me to join but my pants are already to tight. LOL
I subscribed to your feed also!